Monday, October 30, 2006

This Week: Halloween

And now it is here again: Halloween! One of my favorite holidays of the entire year. It is so much fun to decorate the house, to carve pumpkins, to help Karolina with her costume. It is simply a wonderful time of the year. I get a kick out of making our house into a Haunted House. Love it! Love getting reactions from "Trick or Treati'n" kids that have comments on it, and that react on it. The spookier the better for me! It is the old "Visual merchandiser" that wakes up inside me this time of the year. This year it is extra fun for us since we have the company of the O-G family! We were all sitting outside this lovely afternoon/evening and carved pumpkins. Lisa will get her own pumpkin carving kit tomorrow and decorate her own house in Sweden next Halloween! Staffan carved out a spooky face out of his pumpkin. Karolina made two pumpkins, and I carved a spider out of mine.
Weather wise we are doing great! It is so warm outside! Will be great for tomorrow night. Tomorrow night I will definitely post a picture blog again with tomorrows pics! Tonight you'll see some Halloween pics from past years.
My little ten year old daughter is going to dress up as "Bleeding skelly bones", that was pretty much the worst costume she could find at the "Spirits" store here in Reston. Her make-up will be scary, scary!
More tomorrow night! Until then: Happy Halloween!!!


Our sweet daughter in 04...


My spooky house!


Our darling daughter in 05...



And to prove a point: she has not always been a "spook-gal". This is when she was 4 years old in pre-school during the Halloween party there.


Karolina and her lovely Mom back in 2000 (Hmmm...I wonder where the daugher gets her weird genes from???)

5 comments:

Linda said...

Halloween skall nog firas i USA, här blir det liksom inte samma sak.
Det enda jag gör att leta fram fina pumpor och ev tänder någon lykta utanför dörren, och bjuder busungarna på godis.
Annars firar vi inte denna spökhelg.
Däremot så firar vi Allhelgona, då tänder vi ljus på gravarna och det är ju så vackert.
Det ska bli roligt att se era bilder imorgon.
Ha en bra dag.

Annika said...

lindalotta: Jo, Halloween ska nog firas i USA, det är sant. Det har ju aldrig slagit igenom stort i sverige heller. Allhelgona helgen ÄR en fin helg. Håller med!!! SÅ vackert med alla ljus på kyrkogårdarna. Något sådant ser man tyvärr inte här...

Keith said...

Yes, I do wonder from where Karolina gets her weird genes....I look forward to seeing the frighteningly scary pictures of Halloween tomorrow!! You always do a great job in decorating your place. I will have to see how many Trick or Treaters I get since a big fat 0 showed up last year. But if no one shows tonight all the more candy for me!

Anonymous said...

Good thing there's not a competition in the neighborhood cuz I know you'd win. I'm so done with my graveyard but don't have energy or ideas for changing it. It'll have to do for this year.
I think the so-called weird gene is a "DRAMA" gene. Halloween is all about drama. No wonder you guys love it!

Annika said...

Keith: This year someone else won the decorating competition...Or so I think! There was a house in the neighborhood complete with pirates, skeletons and the whole 9 yards. Amazing! Not too many kids came by here. K had so much fun! We have candy, candy, candy in the house now, gross...

Sara: But I liked your house. A LOT!!! Loved all the grave stones leading up to your front door. Very few kids this year, don't you think?